2.2K views
4.0

Please say it isn't so. Dollar General quit selling Mt explosion.

That is the next best thing to Mt Dew i have ever tasted. The low price is another reason i love it.

Is Dollar General planning to replace Clover Valley sodas with other store brand soda thats just as good,or is the company planning on offering nothing but name brands? The only thing im pissed about is having to do without my Mountain Explosion.

Comments

I called DG corporate. Spoke to a rep who had no idea what I was asking about and asked if I had a UPC code.

No. I drank them mix and threw away the box and have not been able to find it in the store.

I asked her if she had access to their database of what the carry and she again said she couldnt find it. What the h...???!!!

@PissedConsumer1833342

0723********

I went to 7 DG stores today (2/29/2020) looking for their Mt explosion drink mix and couldn't find any

@PissedConsumer1833238

I did that 2 days ago. I noticed they have the 12 packs on the shelves no drink mix.

same here

I stopped drinking pop and drank water with the Mountain explosion drink mixes. Now this week it's off all the shelves.

Why? Why stop selling something that was always selling out???

This is one of few my 40 year old autistic, epileptic son can drink. He is looking online to try and buy.

It was one that didn't irritate his stomach. It's a disappointment.

I agree not all of us can drink anything due to health reasons. This was the only one I could stomach now I don’t know what I’m gonna do.

@PissedConsumer1824216

This is wrong I can’t find it any more

This is ridiculous find something you love and they do away with it!!!!!! Has anyone found an alternative? I can't go back to sodas!

#1820511

Start selling at dollar tree

#1820157

I agree. This is ridiculous.

They take away stuff that you like and then when you find something they like that they they get a word of it that is selling and then they take it away.

They're just like a glorified crap *** Walmart. Now that they ran out their business if ever there places, they're doing the same thing.

#1819852

That is the only diet drink I will drink.

Well the last two 12 packs of MTN Explosion I have bot they where flat so i'm going to have to find another soda to drink Thank you for messing it up

I noticed recently in the 3 stores in driving distance that they no longer had any Clover Valley drinks (well, a couple cases of grape, and some had one of orange). I asked the clerk if they were doing away with the brand and that person didn't know anything about it.

I went specifically looking for their version of Dr Pepper, since that's rarely on sale, and the knock-offs are often pretty good, anyway. I ended up getting the last case of Mtn Explosion on the shelf. Pretty rotten that these stores get rid of stuff we like.

Some of us don't need to have a designer name on our drinks. Good thing Safeway still carries the cheap stuff.

I am so upset they discontinued it!! This was my favorite drink ever!

Please bring it back!!

It tasted so good! I legit drank at least 2 bottles of this powder mix every single day, now I have none and I am having withdraws!!

@PissedConsumer1590450

I drink 4 of them daily

Love Clover Valley, it's my favorite soda it doesn't mess my blood sugar up, other colas I have to take medicine if I drink it. I've switched to coffee even in hot days of summer..sure wish they'd bring clover valley back!

Bummer The big green bottles of Mountain Explosion sold out fast when they were shipped to our local dollar general store and it was one of the main reasons I stopped but no more. It was a good product with a citrus taste better than Mountain Dew.

The cans are not the same and I wont buy them anymore. That is sure bad business for dollar general management.

At the DG I work at we have discontinued the 2 liters but not the 12 packs yet. I was told that we were going to start selling a different private brand owned by the larger companies.

Clover Valley Reviews